From AMule Project FAQ
Version 2.2.4 - The "we didn't have a .4 version since... well... long ago" version.
- Plugged various memory leaks.
- Add comment to desktop file to allow autostart in Gnome
- Compilation fix for gcc-4.3.2.
- Compilation fix for IRIX.
- Fixed file handles on IRIX.
- Fixed compilation of Format.cpp for some platforms.
- Fixed wxWidgets socket library initialization.
- Fixed partfile importer destroying imported data.
- Separated GUI and core code in partfile importer, thus fixing occasional crashes/hangs.
- Fixed GeoIP-enabled builds crashing on 64b boxes.
- Added another common URN ID to the Magnet link handler.
- Switch to the 'busy' cursor while bringing up the preferences window.
- Ported several Kademlia fixes and improvements from eMule0.49c:
- Fixes on handling incoming packets with port zero.
- The Kad UDP firewalltest now asks several clients for its external port, avoiding to get a wrong "Open" state on NATs which change the source port on each request but behave like a Full-Cone otherwise.
- Made sure a received Kad routing answer doesn't contain more contacts than requested. [Xin Sun]
- Kad no longer allows more than 2 IPs from the same subnet within one routing query reply (except on LANs).
- Kad routing query contacts are checked against the routing table.
- Implemented non-interactive mode for amulecmd/amuleweb.
- Fixed detection of crypto++ library for versions >= 5.6.0.
- Fixed saving wrong window position when exiting while minimized.
- Fixed rare case when we tried to connect to a LowID client.
- MSW: detect WinSock API version needed by GeoIP.
- Fixed libbfd sometimes depends on libintl, with help from PacoBell.
- Fixed static linking with GeoIP on MinGW/MSYS.
- Fixed detecting GeoIP library when building for MinGW.
- Compilation fix with GeoIP-1.4.6.
- Fix crash on global search on Windows
- Fix splitter bar position in transfer window not restored properly
- Caught some insane upload requests
- Fixed finished files sometimes getting rehashed (thanks to Skolnick)
- Added restart warning if the ED2K network was re-enabled.
- Fixed Windows lag when opening preferences dialog
- Fixed creation of ED2K links with AICH (thanks to Archmage)
- Remote Gui shows a dialog box with a reason on connection failure
- Changed fix for wrong ordering/placing of clients in the download window so that sort order is again like in 2.2.2.
- Add Asturian language
- Updated INSTALL file
- When EC authentication fails, close connection before we send the response.
- Tell the user why the EC connection failed.
Special Thanks To:
- wires for the strenuous testing on 64-bit